Responsive to Community Needs for Over 50 Years
Why the Metropolitan Center was founded...The Metropolitan Center for Mental Health was founded in 1962 in order to provide low cost psychological treatment for people with emotional problems. For over 50 years, the clinic has provided affordable mental health services to the community, consulted with our agencies, and offered advanced training to mental health professionals.
Metropolitan has been committed to three goals...
- To provide psychotherapy to people in emotional distress - including those who might not otherwise be able to obtain the help they need because of financial concerns
- To apply contemporary treatment principles and modalities for a broad range of emotional difficulties
- To serve the special psychological needs of a culturally diverse community, the Upper Westside, as well as other New York City neighborhoods and surrounding suburbs
Who we are...
- A non-profit outpatient mental health clinic
- Licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health
- Licensed by the New York State Office Of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services
- Independent of any other agency or hospital
What we offer the community...The Center offers a wide range of mental health services. Our clients include all ages and cultures - everyone who makes up our diverse community. Individual psychotherapy is the major (but not only) form of treatment. Metropolitan is deeply committed to community involvement. Our staff members provide consultation to neighborhood schools, religious organizations and local groups.
All individuals and families have the right to receive psychiatric and psychological services without discrimination. Metropolitan Center for Mental Health does not discriminate in its Admissions Policy solely based on financial status, race, sex, National Origin, Disability, Religion, Age, Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity. Committed to our mission and goal, the Center will not deny services based on inability to pay and sliding scale fees are available based on family size and income.
©2001-2019 Metropolitan Center For Mental Health - All Rights Reserved.