Responsive to Community Needs for 58 Years
Why the Metropolitan Center was founded...Metropolitan Center for Mental Health (MCMH) is a non-profit, outpatient behavioral health organization founded in 1962, dedicated to providing affordable psychological and psychiatric treatment to support the emotional well-being of people living in its surrounding community. Our mission to serve all members of our community regardless of financial or cultural barriers remains core to our service delivery today.
For over 50 years, our work has been driven by our commitment to three goals:
- Offer a broad range of mental health and addiction services to individuals and families across the lifespan
- Provide timely access to high quality, evidence-based treatment modalities
- Deliver culturally competent and linguistically diverse services to meet the unique needs of the communities we serve
Who we are...
- A non-profit outpatient mental health clinic
- Licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health
- Licensed by the New York State Office Of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services
- Independent of any other agency or hospital
What we offer the community...The Center offers a wide range of mental health services. Our clients include all ages and cultures - everyone who makes up our diverse community. Individual psychotherapy is the major (but not only) form of treatment. Metropolitan is deeply committed to community involvement. Our staff members provide consultation to neighborhood schools, religious organizations and local groups.
All individuals and families have the right to receive psychiatric and psychological services without discrimination. Metropolitan Center for Mental Health does not discriminate in its Admissions Policy solely based on financial status, race, sex, National Origin, Disability, Religion, Age, Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity. Committed to our mission and goal, the Center will not deny services based on inability to pay and sliding scale fees are available based on family size and income.
©2001-2021 Metropolitan Center For Mental Health - All Rights Reserved.