Responsive to Community Needs for Over 50 Years
Specialties - Families and Individuals In Recovery (FAIR)
The Addictions Outpatient Program helps individuals achieve sobriety and maintain abstinence from alcohol. We also offer treatment services to Spanish-speaking, multi-cultural members of our community. Treatment is based on social and psychodynamic models of psychotherapy.
Program participants receive individualized treatment including relapse prevention skills, individual counseling, group therapy sessions, family therapy, self-help groups (e.g., AA), and educational lectures.
- Providing a foundation for recovery from addiction and relapse prevention as individuals learn important concepts to help them better understand their condition.
- Continuing to reinforce and support individual recovery plans while strengthening interpersonal communication and family relationships
- Identifying and addressing emotional and behavioral obstacles in recovery or sobriety.
- Developing and implementing an aftercare treatment program and an ongoing recovery treatment plan.
- Providing linkage and referral to all other programs and services necessary to meet the client's needs which cannot be provided through FAIR.
In order to meet these goals, we offer the following services which are open to people living in the five boroughs of NYC and the surrounding area.
- Assessment of mental health and substance-related problems
- Individual therapy
- Couples and family therapy
- Psychiatric consultation
- Medical and Wellness assessment
- Groups to help maintain abstinence
- Relapse-prevention groups
- Groups specifically for women's and men's issues
- Gay and lesbian groups
- "Coping groups" for family members of substance abusers
- Anger management training for people with substance abuse problems.
©2001-2019 Metropolitan Center For Mental Health - All Rights Reserved.