Responsive to Community Needs for 58 Years
Specialties - Families and Individuals In Recovery (FAIR)
Metropolitan Center for Mental Health (MCMH) has established Families and Individuals in Recovery (FAIR), an outpatient substance abuse clinic at 1090 St. Nicholas Avenue in Manhattan, which is licensed by the New York State Office of Addiction and Substance Abuse Services. We provide comprehensive addiction and mental health services for individuals with alcoholism and other substance-related problems, as well as their family members and significant others. We believe that substance abuse affects entire families. Our mission is to promote harm reduction, recovery and wellness for substance abusers, their children and other relatives.
The Addictions Outpatient Program helps individuals achieve sobriety and maintain abstinence from alcohol. We also offer treatment services to Spanish-speaking, multi-cultural members of our community. Treatment is based on social and psychodynamic models of psychotherapy.
Program participants receive individualized treatment including relapse prevention skills, individual counseling, group therapy sessions, family therapy, self-help groups (e.g., AA), and educational lectures.
- Providing a foundation for recovery from addiction and relapse prevention as individuals learn important concepts to help them better understand their condition.
- Continuing to reinforce and support individual recovery plans while strengthening interpersonal communication and family relationships
- Identifying and addressing emotional and behavioral obstacles in recovery or sobriety.
- Developing and implementing an aftercare treatment program and an ongoing recovery treatment plan.
- Providing linkage and referral to all other programs and services necessary to meet the client's needs which cannot be provided through FAIR.
In order to meet these goals, we offer the following services which are open to people living in the five boroughs of NYC and the surrounding area.
- Assessment of mental health and substance-related problems
- Individual therapy
- Couples and family therapy
- Psychiatric consultation
- Medical and Wellness assessment
- Medication Assisted Treatment
- Groups to help maintain abstinence
- Relapse-prevention groups
Our bilingual staff is highly trained in working with substance abusers and their families. Our team includes psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, psychiatric nurse practitioners, and certified alcoholism and substance abuse counselors (CASACs). We honor Medicaid, Medicare, and most managed care insurance. We also offer a sliding scale fee for people who do not have insurance. We are currently open weekdays and evenings.
©2001-2021 Metropolitan Center For Mental Health - All Rights Reserved.